TRANSFORMING SOLIDARITIES EXHIBITION
06.10.2023 – 21.01.2024, DAZ - German Architecture Center, Wilhelmine-Gemberg-Weg 6
Spaces of Solidarity
Living together in solidarity is more urgent than ever in the context of growing social inequality. With the exhibition Spaces of Solidarity, the research group Transforming Solidarities gathers Berlin-based projects from the fields of housing, work and health that show how a future based on solidarity and the common good is possible. The meeting place and central showcase of the exhibition is the Kiosk of Solidarity that gathered initiatives and neighborhoods in Berlin’s urban spaces during the summer of 2023 as an urban intervention. In the exhibition it sets a stage for their ideas and demands with a great spatial effect. Scale and scope as well as structural conflicts and potentials of these solidary practices are further explored in mappings and videos. What opportunities, obstacles and conflicts arise for solidarity in a migration society? How can new methods of working together strengthen democracy, especially bottom-up approaches? The exhibition is accompanied by a three-day international conference.
- The exhibition is a format of the research project Transforming Solidarities in collaboration with selected Berlin initiatives.
- Curatorial director of the collectively developed exhibition is Moritz Ahlert (Habitat Unit, TU Berlin).
- The research project is funded by the Berlin University Alliance as part of the Main Call Exploration Project SOCIAL COHESION and consists of 22 members of Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and Technische Universität Berlin.
- The Kiosk of Solidarity was created in cooperation with ConstructLab and is supported by the Berliner Projektfonds Urbane Praxis.
- With the kind support of the Hans Sauer Foundation.
- The exhibition is realized in cooperation with the German Architecture Center DAZ.
06.10.2023 – 21.01.2024
Wednesday – Sunday
3pm – 7pm
DAZ — German Architecture Center