DAR HERITAGE DAYS 2015
Urban Heritage and Development in Dar Es Salaam
A platform for citizens and relevant stakeholder, the public forum invites you to learn about Dar's urban heritage and about best practice examples from other cities. Engage in discourse and exchange over the challenge of preserving Dar's heritage:
– What is urban heritage? Whose heritage is it, anyway?
– What sort of city are we creating for future generations?
– Can the Old and the New coexist for the benefit of all?
– How can the focus be moved from short-sighted commerce to sustainable urban management?
– Where are our voices? How do we ensure that they are heard?
The event is part of the research project DARCH! Dar es Salaam Centre for Architectural Heritage.
Auditorium at National Museum
House of Culture
Shaaban Roberts Street
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania