ERASMUS+ | 2018 - 2019
Application for a Masters/ PhD Mobility Grant – Cairo, Egypt
As a follow-up to the cooperation project RealCityLab: Practice orientation in Architectural Education, in cooperation with the Helwan University (HU) in Cairo, Egypt, and within the framework of Erasmus+, Habitat Unit (Chair of International Urbanism and Design) is glad to announce the following mobility grants in the fields of Architecture, Urban Design, and Urban Planning:
• 2 Mobility Grants for Master students:
- first grant between October 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019 (6 months), application deadline May 15, 2018
- second grant between March 1, 2019 and May 30, 2019 (3 months), application deadline June 1, 2018
• 2 Mobility Grants for PhD candidates: October 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 (3 months), application deadline May 15, 2018
• 2 Teaching Staff: maximum 14 days, minimum 5 days (including travel days), application deadline June 1, 2018
Grant starts in September 2018:
• 1 Training Staff: 7 days (including travel days), application deadline June 1, 2018; the grant starts in November 2018
Erasmus + brings together existing EU programs for lifelong learning, youth and sport, as well as European cooperation programs in higher education. Erasmus + comprises three Key Actions (KA). The first key action involves promoting the learning mobility of individuals. Part of this key action is KA 107, which promotes mobility projects with partner countries.
• Application Form (see template)
• Terms and Conditions for Erasmus+ KA 107 scholars (see template)
• Copy of passport
• Copy of residence permit (if applicable)
• Motivation Letter (in English)
• CV (in English) – previous exposure to Egypt is preferred.
• Grant: Students Outgoing (to Egypt): 650 Euro per month + Lump sum for travel (per grantee): 360 Euro
• Grant staff (teaching/training): 160 Euro/day.
• Minimum duration of student / staff mobility: 3 months / 5 days.
Master & PhD students of the TU Berlin can apply for a 3 or 6 months (Minimum duration of student mobility: 3 months, starting in October 2018). The host is Helwan University, faculty of fine arts. The application deadline is May 15, 2018, for those planning to travel in October. The initial information on Erasmus + KA 107 contains Information about the target group and scholarship amount. The required documents are listed in the application form.
Research topics of the applicants' thesis (master/PhD) should be closely relevant to Egypt, and should be clarified within the application process.
Please submit the written applications to Dr. Hassan Elmouelhi: firstname.lastname@example.org